Hair, Fashion, Shoes, & Everyday Life

06 March 2012

Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie

Hey y'all! So I've definitely been neglecting the natural hair corner of All Things Me! Mainly because there hasn't been much going on with my hair lately. However... I've been meaning to do sort of a review for this product...


Shea Moisture Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smootie (whew!) was one of the first products that I purchased after my big chop in January 2011. I loved it! I think it was pretty much the only product that I used to moisturize my hair. After a few months, I made my own shea butter mixture, so the smoothie was put on the back burner. I also started doing puffs more often and the smoothie didn't mix well with the Eco Styler gel that I used to lay down my edges. As it got colder, I noticed that the shea butter mixture wasn't quite as moisturizing as it had been. So about a month ago I decided to try the smoothie again. I used it to twist my hair after washing and I was back in love all over again!  My hair was super soft!

A few days later I took down my twists. My hair was still moisturized and had GREAT definition! So it's safe to say, the smoothie found its way back to my heart.


Overall, I love the product! It's very moisturizing and helps with definition twist/braid outs. If you're looking for a thick moisturizer, I definitely recommend the smoothie. If you have thin hair, it may not be the best option, as it might weigh your hair down. (The label does say for thick hair.) It can be purchased from Target and Walgreens. You get 12 ounces for $9.99. I have a heavy hand when it comes to product and this still lasts me for a pretty good while.

Have you used the smoothie? What do you think of it?

2 comments:

  1. I get off and on results with the smoothie. Sometimes my hair loves it and then sometimes it hates it. Your hair looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Erica! The last time I used it, my hair was a ball of cotton! lol! I think I might have used too much.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting and letting me know that I'm not here alone!

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 All Things Me, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena