Hair, Fashion, Shoes, & Everyday Life

01 February 2012

Maybelline SuperStay

Cocoa. It's not quite this dark.


SuperStay is the first foundation that I tried when I began experimenting with makeup a couple of years ago. At the time, I really didn't know anything about using a primer. With my oily skin that definitely wasn't a good thing. It would get very oily and that's the reason I stopped using SuperStay, even though it matched perfectly! After two years of continuously trying new foundations and shades, to no avail, I decided to try SuperStay again. I now know that a primer (a GOOD primer... which I have yet to find) is definitely required! 

This is the foundation set with a powder. I've also filled in my brows and done a little contouring. As it was two years ago, the match is perfect! My shade is cocoa.

I LOVE this foundation. Mainly because it matches without me having to buy and mix two shades. That is a hassle and I hate doing it! Since I'm so cheap frugal, I also hate having to purchase two shades of a foundation!

As for the oiliness, that still happens but not as bad or as quick. I still have to find a great primer. I've finally come to the conclusion that I will probably have to shell out a pretty penny to find a primer that actually works for my extremely oily skin. My t zone is the worst! Since this is a liquid foundation, of course it transfers. And obviously it doesn't transfer as much from the areas that aren't oily. While we're on the subject, if you have any recommendations for a great primer, PLEASE comment below! 

Overall, this a great drug store foundation for a great price! I purchased it from Walgreen's for only $10.99 and I will definitely purchase again. If you're a beginner looking for a liquid foundation, I would recommend that you give SuperStay a try. If you have oily skin you WILL need a primer. Let me know how it works for you! Later y'all! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting and letting me know that I'm not here alone!

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 All Things Me, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena