Hair, Fashion, Shoes, & Everyday Life

07 January 2012

Honey and Olive Oil Deep Conditioning

For the last few months, I've been deep conditioning before or after each wash. I started out deep conditioning before my wash. A couple of months ago, I read an article that questioned how beneficial it is to deep condition on dirty hair. If your hair is dirty, are the products really able to penetrate your hair? After that, I began to deep condition after washing. I usually use Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque.

I love this masque, but I wanted to try something new. In comes the honey and EVOO (extra virgin olive oil). I've seen a few blog posts and YouTube videos with these products being used to DC (deep condition), but I didn't follow any specific directions or recipes. Some use the honey and EVOO only. I wanted to try using it with a conditioner also. I had a couple of bottles of the V05 Moisture Milk conditioner that I haven't used in a while, so I put it to use. You can use any conditioner of your choice.

Here are the products that I used. You will also need a container to mix the products in and something to mix them together.  


 I didn't use measurements, so I took pictures to try to give you an idea of what was used. This is just the conditioner before adding anything else. (I also had a little conditioner left in another bottle, so the V05 bottle pictured here doesn't show how much conditioner was actually used.)

I added honey next, but forgot to take a picture. If it helps, I used all of the honey from the head of the bear. 

This picture shows the conditioner, honey, and EVOO before mixing. Again, I didn't measure. I used the top from the EVOO to add it in. I added 6 tops.


This is how much product I had after mixing everything together. 


My hair was in about 8 to 10 twists. I untwisted each section and made sure that it was detangled before adding the conditioner. The V05 conditioner is kind of watery, so if you use this, be sure that you're standing over a sink so you don't have a mess everywhere. 

Product in hair.

  This is after I was done applying the conditioner and re-twisting each section. 
 

This is the product that was left. If your hair is shorter than mine, you can less than I used and more if your hair is longer.



Once done applying, I covered with a plastic cap, then a beanie, and tied with a scarf to trap in body heat and allow the DC to get to work! I kept it in for about 2-3 hours while lounging around. My hair was VERY soft before rinsing. After I rinsed, it was still soft but not as soft. I think I got the same results that I get with the Deep Treatment Masque. Since the Masque is $9.99 (12 ounces) and can I can go through the product rather quickly, I will continue to use the honey and EVOO from time to time also. The honey and EVOO gives great results, soft hair, and it's fairly cheap. Give it a try if you haven't already! Leave a comment to let me know how it works for you!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting and letting me know that I'm not here alone!

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 All Things Me, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena