Hair, Fashion, Shoes, & Everyday Life

29 January 2012

Wash, Twist, Trim

*Done on Friday night (1/27/12)

It's after 1 am and I just got done washing, twisting and trimming my hair! Whew! That should teach me to never again start doing my hair so late! It took me almost 3 hours to do what I thought would take half that amount of time!

I didn't feel like detangling when I first started, so I deep conditioned and washed my hair in twist! I deep conditioned for about an hour with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration conditioner, honey, and extra virgin olive oil.
Twists with deep conditioning mix applied.

After washing I began the dreaded 3 hour process. I applied Cantu Shea Butter condition to each twist, untwisted, and detangled. Once completely detangled I applied Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smooth and coconut oil, then re-twisted.
After washing
After trim. You can see that I didn't trim very much.
After trim

As I was twisting I made sure to pay close attention to the feel of my ends so that I would know what needed trimming. I hadn't trimmed in about 6 months, so my ends were definitely a little rough, which made determining how much to trim very easy. I haven't straightened my hair since I've gone natural and I don't plan to the in the future (I'm afraid of heat damage), so I don't really care whether or not my hair is even.... as long as it isn't oddly shaped when I wear it out.
Amount trimmed

 I was very hesitant to trim at first! I'll admit that I didn't want to lose any length and I probably should have trimmed more! I've known for the last couple of months that I needed to trim, but I wanted my length! This isn't the attitude to have! Trim as soon as you notice that it's time! My hair is still twisted, but from what I can tell my ends feel a lot better!

I guess that's all for now! This post is already long enough :)! Later y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting and letting me know that I'm not here alone!

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 All Things Me, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena